Monday, January 8, 2007

So Far, So Good

Well, so far today, I've been really proud of myself. I got up this morning at 5:00 and walked 0.5 mile on the treadmil and burned 42.5 calories. Would have liked to have done more, but I swear, I am soooo out of shape, it's not even funny. Plus, I was tired. Couldn't sleep again last night. I don't know what is wrong with me. I went to bed around 12:30 or so and tossed and turned until about 4:30 and then got up at 5:00. So I'm functioning today on VERY little sleep. Oh well...such is life I guess.

Anyway.... For breakfast I had one serving of strawberry flavored Mini Wheats (220 calories). I missed my mid morning snack, but had it right before lunch. It consisted of a banana and a teaspoon of peanut butter (140 calories). Lunch was Dinty Moore's Beef Stew (250 calories). And here I sit. Had a big glass of water while/after I walked this morning and have had 20 more ounces since then. I will bye myself another bottle before I get my next group of kids. I posted a question on my parenting bored (Storknet) this morning about excercise. I'll post it and some of the answers I got in another entry later.

I've discovered that I'm not eating enough. So I've been trying to eat more, but more of the right food. It's really hard to eat when I'm not hungry, but I'm trying to do what I need to do. As I've said before, water is going to be my toughest challenge, but I'm trying.

Ok, gotta go for now. Am supposed to pick up my next group of kiddos in about five minutes.

Ok, editing to ad the peanut butter crackers I just had as a snack. Don't see the need to post a whole new entry just for that. I had half a pack which equals three crackers (90 calories). So what's the total so far....gotta total it all up...700 calories so far and I still have supper to go. So I think I'm eating pretty well today. I can have a supper that's 500-600 calories. Not too bad! :-)


Until next time...

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Add a slice of lemon to the water. It makes it easier to drink more, plus some studies show that lemon even helps with weight loss. Also, I find the colder the water the better.