Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm back!

No, I haven't forgotten about this blog. I've been sick. Well at least I thought I was sick. Just between me and the few of you who are reading this, I'm beginning to wonder if what I had was just KILLER period cramps. I started having abdominal pain Sunday evening and it got to the point I was doubled over by Tuesday. I went to the dr. and she wanted me to have two CT scans done. One of which involve and enema and the other an IV. I absolutely hated both. To make things even worse, everything showed to be normal. I know. That's a good thing. But to have gone through all that, just to be told nothing's wrong..... Sheesh!! I know. I'm thankful; don't get me wrong, but you know what I mean. So the dr. said it was either a spastic colon or something viral. I was out of work all week last week except for Friday. Friday was the first day that I felt normal again. It must have been something viral or just really bad period cramps, because I've been fine since Friday. So who knows????

Sorta blew my diet during all that. When I was at my worst, I didn't feel like eating anything. So I know I didn't get my caloric intake for several days. Then I think I made up for not eating over the weekend. I ate anything I wanted to. Yesterday was no better. Didn't eat enough again. And what I did have wasn't the best choice. I had my chicken and rice dinner from Panch Villa's (a mexican restraunt). Had half for lunch and half for dinner. That was it. Nothing else. *sigh* I never in a million years thought my problem would be not eating ENOUGH.

Trying to do better today. I had my Mini Wheats with milk this morning. And will have eggdrop soup for lunch. Haven't done so great with water or excercise. Hopefully will do better with those two things this evening when I get home. We'll see.

I bought a self-hypnosis book yesterday concentrating on attaining your "perfect weight." I've read the first three chapters and have listened to the first 4 sessions of the CD that was included. I think it's helping. Again...we'll see.

Oh, some people here at work have started my school's version of The Biggest Loser. I've joined in on that. The details are being ironed out, but basically we are going to be in 2-4 groups. We will have a group winner and an individual winner. By the end of May whichever group has lost the most weight will get to leave school to go to lunch while the "losers" cover their classes. Also, it's going to cost $5 to be a part of this and the individual who loses the most will win the money pot. So it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Well, that pretty much sums up the past week. I certainly hope this week is better for me.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I wondered where you had gone. You CAN do this. I am glad you are feeling better. Hope your day got better. ((hugs))