Thursday, January 11, 2007

How am I going to eat more?

Ok, yesterday I had a total of 719 calories. That is NOT enough. I know this. I just don't know how to fix it. I eat throughout the day, as you can see in my previous entries. Maybe I should increase my snacks, but dang!!! It's sooooo hard to eat when I'm NOT hungry. I do good to eat what I do. I don't know.... All I know for sure is that we are given new days so that we can have new beginnings. So, I'll try again today. I know for lunch today, I'll be having a mexican dish called Arroz con Pollo (ACP) which is chicken and rice with cheese sauce. I've got to find out somehow, how many calories are in that thing. I'll probably only eat half of it today and the other half tomorrow for lunch. Editing to add: I found the nutrition facts for "Chicken in cheese sauce with Spanish rice." For 10 ozs there's 385.84 calories, 1245.1 sodium, 35.88 carbs and 34.45 protien. Not as bad as I thought it'd be. :-)

Also, I've GOT to find a way to get motivated to excercise and drink water. I'm not doing well on either of those fronts. The only excercise I'm good at right now, is walking. My size makes it hard to do anything else. Not to mention my coordination and balance is aweful. So...I'd ride a bike or swim, but I have no bike and don't have the money to join a gym with a heated pool. So, I'll walk. Have to do better on MAKING myself do it though.

Anyway, I'll be editing this entry throughout the day to keep track of what I eat and the calories. In just a few mins. I'll be having my Mini Wheats and .5 banana.

Breakfast: Mini Wheats (220), .5 banana (52)

Snack: 1/4 cup chex mix (50?)

Lunch: ACP from Pancho's (386)

Snack: 0.5 banana (52), 1 tsp. peanut butter (35)

Supper: Japanese teriyaki salmon and rice (420), Shrimp sauce (160),

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

You would have been fine if you had not slept through dinner. Don't sweat it.

As far as exercise, start slow. Find something that goes with your interest. Even if its buying some cheap 5 lb weights and working them while you watch TV.

Also, as far as the water goes, the more you exercise, the more thirsty you will be. I promise.