Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Good news, bad news

Well, last night Bill surprised me by taking me to Red Lobster for supper. I didn't do too bad...... at first. I ordered crab legs with broccoli. I wasn't going to have any bread and of course no dessert. Well they brought out the salads and I had mine with one of their small little cups of ranch. Not so bad so far. Well after the salads we had to wait a little. That cheese bread smelled soooo good. So I thought one little pinch won't hurt. One pinch turned to two, and two to three and before I knew it, I had eaten the whole thing. Shame on me!! Well the dinner came. I had ALL of the crab legs, but used very little of the butter. Actually it wasn't even enough to mention. After dinner I saw on their dessert card a new item.....vanilla bean cheese cake. OMG!!! It looked so good. And then without thinking I caught myself reading the description. On a graham cracker crust, the bottom half was vanilla bean cheese cake and the top half was WHITE CHOCOLATE with whipped cream!!!! The need for white chocolate and cheesecake combined overtook my ability to think, let alone think rationally. Before I knew it, I had ordered and eaten half of it. :-( Oh man the guilt I felt! I had done soooo well yesterday. I felt like all the good I had done not only yesterday, but the day before had been wasted just because of that one slip up. I was so bummed last night. I tried to excercise, but didn't even get a half a mile done, before getting totally depressed and I just gave up. Well at about 10:00 last night I forced myself to get over it and told myself it was just one mistake and I could start all over again tomorrow.

I got up this morning and took a shower and dried my hair and stepped on the scale cringing at the thought of what that cheesecake did to me. Guess what????? It was showing I have LOST a pound since the day before yesterday!!! I couldn't get over it! I"m still trying to convince myself that it was real. I'm still thinking that I'll get on the scale tomorrow and not only will that pound be back, but four others to make up for it.

But hey, it's gone for now. So I'm happy!

Got a good night's sleep last night. Not enough I'm sure. Got probably 4-5 hours worth, but that's a whole lot better than I've been getting. I've had my first dose of Slim Quick and my breakfast of Mini Wheats and milk (220 calories). Not doing so great with the water yet, but it's still early yet. A lot of day left, so I'll keep trying.

Well, I need to go and get some work done. Just wanted to come tell my good and bad news. :-)

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

It is okay to treat yourself. Again, remember it is a lifestyle change and not a diet. It IS okay to have cheesecake and bread, in moderation.

And as for weighing, pick a day a week to make that your weigh in. Daily weighing will drive ya nuts.

Keep up the good attitude. You WILL do it!