Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CHD Awareness

Please allow me a non weightloss focussed entry. In 2002, I was pregnant at the same time as a very dear friend of mine. Within three months of each other we shared the joy of discovering we were pregnant, first doctor appointments, and the sensations of our beautiful girls moving within us. Tragically, my little girl was born still. I didn't think there could be a greater loss. Then a few months later, my friend delivered her little girl. However, her sweet angel was born with a heart defect. This family had to live through their little girl's fight for life. My heart broke again when I heard the news that baby Allison lost her fight on August 13, 2002. So my friend, Alexis, has been trying to build awareness for Congenital Heart Defects ever since. February is CHD Awareness month. I'm going to post Alexis post from her blog here in hopes that the few that read my blog will remember, be aware, and hug their own children a little tighter, and be so very thankful for the blessings that we have.

You're in my heart and prayers Alexis!! Allison will NEVER be forgotten!! :hugs:

http://ajpr2.blogspot.com/2007/01/show-little-heart-help-spread-awareness.html

No comments: